Other Stuff > What is it?

What is it?

(1/3) > >>

Lobo:
I don’t know the answer... nor does the owner of this 750K1. (He’s distracted by all his other toys... puts the street to shame with the fun stuff he has)

Anyhoo.

It looks like an indicator relay, and has been mounted under the tank / just aft of the coils. The leads disappear off into the headlamp shell.
Coincidentally there is a majorly big red lamp mounted between the Speedo / Rev counter. Related? Dunno.

With time I will indeed work out what this all is... but any suggestions in the interim?

Ta,
Simon

PS (1) It is not a replacement indicator relay. (2) have never seen the red lamp illuminated - ie not high beam nor anything repeater.

Bryanj:
If it was a Japanese model it would be a speed warning

Lobo:
...interesting Bryan; the red lamp is not a cheapo affair out of (ex) Tandy, and has a very profession / OEM installation look about it all.
That said, to the best of our knowledges (ie the owner too) the bike has always been an Oz import, ie not Japanese.

.... and would it explain the ‘indicator’ type canister, which conversely does not look original / installed in an odd place. (I’m suddenly wondering if it’s an attempt at some overheat light, esp as the bike lives in QLD.)

SteveD CB500K0:
Any sort of overheat light would need a sensor somewhere. Can you follow the wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryanj:
The canister looks like the unit shown in my japanese parts book for the 500(Ash put it Alladins cave i believe) but it needed a different speedo unit with extra wires comming out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version