Author Topic: CJ250T  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CJ250T
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2021, 08:09:45 PM »
Points used to have a habit of shorting on thè ally points cover but insulating tap cures it

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2021, 12:00:03 PM »
I recently ‘found’ an old Honda Catalogue in my secret stash - simply holding it and seeing the presentation style whisks me back in time. Happy days eh?

Requests? ... from the PA50VL thru GL1000 plus clothing & accessories. (Guessing 1975 publication.)

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2021, 12:04:53 PM »
...forgive me Andy... here’s the 250.
Simon

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2021, 03:09:08 PM »
Nice one Andy, another top restoration. May not be everyone's ideal bike but the workmanship is first class. Hope it runs as good as it looks.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2021, 04:27:22 PM »
Thanks for the tip Bryan - I've put some tape inside the cover just in case.
Lobo - love the brochures, great to see the old stuff we used to eagerly look at.
Roy -hoping to get a chance to fire her up tomorrow if it stays dry and I can get work out of the way early enough. No doubt there will be a few challenges but fingers crossed.

Cheers,
Andy

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 12:15:24 AM »
I was talking to my mate Graham who had a CJ250  from new, as I distinctly remember Honda selling after-sale accessory  pinstripe stickers  for the tank and he confirmed my thoughts and says he remembers them and they were genuine Honda parts. It p*ssed me off at the time as Honda did not sell a pinstripe decal for the 400F2, so  I had to mask and spray my own on.
I can't remember what they looked like but I suspect they were like this CJ360 which DK recently listed.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2021, 08:05:31 AM »
Since when did a CJ250/360 have a drum front brake. Mine had a disk and I don't think the CJ was ever updated during it's short life. Must be an Americanism I guess.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2021, 08:11:30 AM »
Since when did a CJ250/360 have a drum front brake. Mine had a disk and I don't think the CJ was ever updated during it's short life. Must be an Americanism I guess.

That's because Americans don't use front brakes Roy, well at least in the movies, as all the baddies crash their bikes with the back brake locked and sliding down into oblivion.   ;D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2021, 10:14:16 AM »
American Early CJ/CB250/360G's did have drums ... useful for restorers of the previous K models, like me, since the drum fits that model fine and the brake-plate only differs in that it has a little arrow mark cast into it for the brake wear indicator fitted to the 'G' models.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Arfa

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2021, 04:34:58 PM »
Excellent work Andy. I had one of these back in the day as I needed something reliable to get me to work and it did a lot of miles, including some long trips like Guildford to Newcastle, without missing a beat. I can't say I really loved the bike, but it did exactly what I needed it to do. Traded it in for a 400/4  :)

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2021, 06:11:23 PM »
Thanks Arfa,
Really like them in yellow - might  well change the colour from orange on the 360 I will eventually get around to restoring. Mind you I don't plan anything like such an extensive restoration on that one.
Luckily I got the CJ's really cheap some years ago before eBay inflated the cost of everything and I'd also collected quite a lot of NOS stuff cheap as well.
It was great fun doing the bike - simple mechanics, only 2 cylinders etc. and still quite a lot of parts available at reasonable prices even on eBay. Benefit of working on an unpopular bike I guess.

I never had one in the past but a friend borrowed one when he stripped the sump plug on his brand new Superdream the day before a bunch of us set off for a trip to Devon. The poorly maintained borrowed CJ valiantly struggled up and down the country and never gave up so I've got a bit of a soft spot for them.
Now just trying to  refocus on getting the 400/4 finished before I get sidetracked yet again!
Cheers,
Andy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal