Author Topic: CD175A Sloper Electric start  (Read 806 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
CD175A Sloper Electric start
« on: August 08, 2020, 06:33:44 PM »
Just got these off UK eBay. Anyone else upgraded a CD175A sloper to electric start?

Seller says he has the motor sprocket and chain and with throw them in on the deal. Rare parts as 6v and not fitted to any other Honda model.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 11:38:53 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: CD175A Sloper Elecric start
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 09:19:27 PM »
The generator rotor and sprocket will be the same as the 12volt CB175, as the battery determines the charging voltage on  that system, we converted manyvCD175's to 12volt electrics over the years. Change the coil, flasher unit, horn and bulbs, fit 12volt battery, and job done. The 6volt starter IS a fairly unique bit of kit though. That said, the yanks being lazy buggers had an electric start C50 in the early 60's.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CD175A Sloper Electric start
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 08:08:45 AM »
Dont need to change horn, for the ammount of use they get 6v is fine on 12v

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: CD175A Sloper Electric start
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 09:06:03 AM »
I fitted 12v electrics from a CB160 on my CD175 sloper in the 1970's but for some weird reason the buyer wanted me to swap everything back to 6v and therefore without electric start. My CD175A project is a bit special to me (and it was Honda's press bike in 1967)  and one of my bikes I wan't to be as original as possible. Yes, I know it wasn't available in the UK with electric start but it's the correct starter motor for that model, which was fitted in regions, which did have it fitted.

BTW if anyone want's to paint a sloper the correct 'black metallic' I got RS Bike paints to mix me some paint and it came back 'Lava' grey which is, I believe, an Audi colour that is described as metallic 'pseudo-pearl'. My sloper is actually Neptune Blue but I needed the 'Black Metallic' for another bike.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal