SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Engine full of fuel and seized up

(1/50) > >>

PJM47:
Hi all,
I have a CB750K2 which was running fine, I haven't used for a few weeks and when I went to start it yesterday it turned over very slowly then the engine just locked up completely. It is now stuck solid, kickstart or rear wheel in gear won't move it. On investigation i discovered to my horror that I had what seemed like an entire tank of fuel inside the engine! I left the fuel tap on and somehow the carbs leaked into the engine and gearbox rather than come out the overflow. I have drained all the fuel and removed the plugs but the engine is still stock solid. Any ideas of what the damage might be? Is there any thing I can check to narrow it down, not sure I am up to a complete engine removal and strip down?

Johnwebley:
Take the plugs out.

Try to turn it in reverse.

See what happens

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

PJM47:
Hi, thanks for the reply. Plugs are out, tried turning it forward and reverse with the rear wheel whilst in gear and it won't budge at all.

PJM47:
I don't think there is fuel left above the pistons now, but the engine is locked solid, like something mechanical completely jammed there is no give at all.

K2-K6:
Cases like this have sometime resulted in bending the conrods from hydraulic locking above the piston.

Not a nice prospect,  but  a very real possibility.  Difficult to assess though without some level of dismantling,  if it's not turning with the fuel drained from it then obviously some mechanical change could have taken place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version