SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

DSS/CMS Pattern silencers

(1/1)

royhall:
Has anyone used the pattern silencers for the Black Bomber from DSS/CMS. If so, did you have problems with the rear brackets. The standard bomber brackets don't fit nor do the later model brackets that DSS said I would need. Am pretty annoyed about that as I have just wasted another £50 on K1 brackets that I cant use. Here we go again with the CMS produced pattern parts that simply don't fit the bikes they say they fit. I really wish CMS would try their parts on an actual bike before selling them. I have just ordered some 3mm stainless flat bar to make some bespoke brackets. Another day of messing about with rubbish CMS stuff. It says in the CMS advert for the silencers that they are perfect replica's made to exacting Japanese standards. What a joke. Anyway rant over.

Johnwebley:
Have you contacted them?

I had problems with Yamaha hose clamps. Being way to large diameter.

They were very helpful

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

AshimotoK0:
Very annoying Roy ... DS had all sorts of issues with their CB72 downpipes and silencers ..and the rear ends are the wrong profile still... it's so frustrating because they get 90% correct and fail at the last hurdle...it's the same with their CB250K silencers ... massive seams compared with standard yet Brituro made me some with the correct seams and they make 'em for DSS.

royhall:
Nothing actually wrong with the silencers they just don't fit the standard bike parts. I think the best route is to make bespoke brackets then I can get the silencers into the correct alignment and height. The next problem will be the centre stand stopper that's way too high. You think they could do better for £700 a pair. All good clean fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version