Author Topic: DSS/CMS Pattern silencers  (Read 921 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
DSS/CMS Pattern silencers
« on: September 07, 2020, 05:36:59 PM »
Has anyone used the pattern silencers for the Black Bomber from DSS/CMS. If so, did you have problems with the rear brackets. The standard bomber brackets don't fit nor do the later model brackets that DSS said I would need. Am pretty annoyed about that as I have just wasted another £50 on K1 brackets that I cant use. Here we go again with the CMS produced pattern parts that simply don't fit the bikes they say they fit. I really wish CMS would try their parts on an actual bike before selling them. I have just ordered some 3mm stainless flat bar to make some bespoke brackets. Another day of messing about with rubbish CMS stuff. It says in the CMS advert for the silencers that they are perfect replica's made to exacting Japanese standards. What a joke. Anyway rant over.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: DSS/CMS Pattern silencers
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 05:58:35 PM »
Have you contacted them?

I had problems with Yamaha hose clamps. Being way to large diameter.

They were very helpful

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 06:00:22 PM »
Very annoying Roy ... DS had all sorts of issues with their CB72 downpipes and silencers ..and the rear ends are the wrong profile still... it's so frustrating because they get 90% correct and fail at the last hurdle...it's the same with their CB250K silencers ... massive seams compared with standard yet Brituro made me some with the correct seams and they make 'em for DSS.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 07:09:48 PM »
Nothing actually wrong with the silencers they just don't fit the standard bike parts. I think the best route is to make bespoke brackets then I can get the silencers into the correct alignment and height. The next problem will be the centre stand stopper that's way too high. You think they could do better for £700 a pair. All good clean fun.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal