Author Topic: Evaporust Trial on fuel tap front plate.  (Read 3411 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Evaporust Trial on fuel tap front plate.
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2020, 08:52:19 AM »
These are what I used yonks ago but must admit I just prep everything and take it to Allenchrome these days. I actualy used a lab bench supply in constant current mode but this was for Trigger I believe and used the LM338 regulator I suggested Ian use.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Oggie400F

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2020, 10:22:58 PM »
Ash
I’ll message you about the controller.
Ian
I'm a Radiographer............I can see right through you!!

1999 VFR800 fix in Pearl Prism Black
1978 CB750F1 in Candy Presto Red
1976 CB550F Supersport Brat Bike in Black
1976 CB400F in Varnish Blue - project bike in many bits.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2020, 07:45:05 AM »

SteveD
"There aren’t many on here will have any idea what you are on about"

Ash
I’ll message you about the controller.
Ian

Steve ... never under estimate the thirst for knowledge of your readership  ;D ;D ;D  Particularly if they come from East Yorkshire   ;D ;D
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2020, 09:43:18 AM »
I took one look at Ash's setup and immediately thought, send my stuff to the platers!
 :D :D
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2020, 11:58:20 AM »
I took one look at Ash's setup and immediately thought, send my stuff to the platers!

I don't tend to use it much now  just for small items ...I send 99.5% to Allenchrome now.

However, a lot of people like to have a go themselves ...like Oggie400F ...I loaned my kit & chemicals to another bloke in Hull a few years back and he zinc plated everything on his CB750K2 with it and the bike was featured in Classic Bike magazine bikes of the year.

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2020, 09:46:46 PM »
Once you set the kit up (as it comes from from Gateros for example) - and if you have the space to keep it set up, its dead easy to get decent results. Ash's set up looks scary if you haven't used the kit (and don't understand the art of electrickery).
I refurb things as I strip them off the bike - say top and bottom yokes (paint, re-zinc, replace bolts, etc) so that when I put everything back together, everything is done - so for me, it works a treat.
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2020, 10:10:07 AM »
Once you set the kit up (as it comes from from Gateros for example) - and if you have the space to keep it set up, its dead easy to get decent results. Ash's set up looks scary if you haven't used the kit (and don't understand the art of electrickery).
I refurb things as I strip them off the bike - say top and bottom yokes (paint, re-zinc, replace bolts, etc) so that when I put everything back together, everything is done - so for me, it works a treat.

Fed up of this  ;D ;D ;D The actual constant current circuit bit is mega simplz ..The rig pictured was also a speed controller for the stirrer etc  which isn't essential.

I will put together a 'how to build' in Anoraks Corner without any soldering involved....just to prove my point.

BTW I designed the electronics for Caswell Europes semi-pro multi tank system and I  evaluated this supply below attached  from Gateros. Gateros kits are normally great but this power unit was absolute sh8te build quality inside and I would be wary of its electrical safety. So my advice is DON'T buy.

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2020, 10:56:30 PM »
No offence meant Ash!
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal