Author Topic: CB750!K1 or K6 cylinder bore identification  (Read 1047 times)

Offline WestYorkshireBiker

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
CB750!K1 or K6 cylinder bore identification
« on: September 09, 2020, 09:10:38 PM »
Hi. I've got two cylinder bores as part of my K1 restoration and need some help. I'm trying to identify if I have a K1 cylinder bore from the two in the attached pics as the bike came with a K6 engine installed but the original K1 in bits. The K1 in the pic has more o-rings than the K6. My goal is to match my K1 cylinder head with the K6 in the pic if possible as one of the K1 liners is cracked. I checked cmsln online which shows the K1 just having the two o-rings but don't know how accurate that is. Hope that makes sense! Thank all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

OW MUCH????????????

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: CB750!K1 or K6 cylinder bore identification
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 10:27:02 PM »
Some confusion there. The one you have marked "OFF K1 ENGINE " is a later set of barrels K3 to K6
And the one you have marked "K6" is a K1 or K2 set of barrels. You can tell if they are K1 or K2 by the front of the barrels, K1 has a flat area and a K2 is rounded in the same area as, in the pictures.

Also i have put a picture showing the different liners. 1) is a early liner and 2) is a later liner. You can tell by the 2 cut aways on the number 2 liners

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 10:31:30 PM »
That's brilliant. Just what I was after. Didn't know exactly how to identify the barrels. Cheers.

OW MUCH????????????

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 10:59:59 PM »
Some confusion there. The one you have marked "OFF K1 ENGINE " is a later set of barrels K3 to K6
And the one you have marked "K6" is a K1 or K2 set of barrels. You can tell if they are K1 or K2 by the front of the barrels, K1 has a flat area and a K2 is rounded in the same area as, in the pictures.

Also i have put a picture showing the different liners. 1) is a early liner and 2) is a later liner. You can tell by the 2 cut aways on the number 2 liners

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)  

(Attachment Link)
Looks like it's a K2 after all. Has the rounded casting. I guess the K1 cylinder head I have will fit Ok on the K2??

OW MUCH????????????

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 02:16:32 PM »
The K1 head should fit the K2 barrels BUT, the head studs will line up OK just, make sure the six 6mm bolts all line up to the barrel threads  ;)

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 02:31:15 PM »
The K1 head should fit the K2 barrels BUT, the head studs will line up OK just, make sure the six 6mm bolts all line up to the barrel threads  ;)
Thanks Trig. (Again!!)

OW MUCH????????????

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal