SOHC.co.uk Forums > Anorak's Corner

Who is good at model dating?...oooeer.

<< < (2/5) > >>

Grumpyfck:

--- Quote from: Macabethiele on September 23, 2020, 03:20:47 PM ---On a similar note when I was in the car trade during the 3 day week due to power workers strikes - circa 1973/4 we sold new Opel Mantas Mk1's new in 1975/6 that were in fact 3 years old due to importers & dealer storage!!

They were discounted bargain buys as the Opels did not deteriorate much during storage unlike the Audi 100's that arrived from Audi UK with holes in the roof from Seagull droppings that burnt through the factory body waxing!!

We were paid by Aidi to fix them back to standard factory finish - we did a basic job on the pin holes and put a "Free" vinyl roof on them using a free Vinyl roof as a promotional tool.

--- End quote ---

I find stuff like that interesting.

Grumpyfck:

--- Quote from: K2-K6 on September 23, 2020, 03:23:22 PM ---I know someone which bought standard new F2 in August 1980 from official Honda dealer,  they were slow to move stock as competitors came on stream with 4 strokes of this capacity.
Seems like this overstock to UK supply chain was ultimately used in making the special additions.

Vintage cameras,  interesting.  Covering which era? I like a good optic.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps the britain kit was attached then as an off the shelf kit. I suppose I will never know.

Cameras- anything and everything from 1890s to 1980s. Mostly mine are 20s through to  50s. Usually involving a bellows. I  have 2 lines of part time work, private members bar steward (still closed). Then old cameras...what ever is needed, testing, servicing, buying and selling. Hobby turning a buck kind of thing.

Bryanj:
Anybody remember Chevette E models, bad rust at 1st mot due to every multi story round liverpool being full of primered shells when factory on strike.
Basic model sold as "special" at cheap price

SteveD CB500K0:
You could ask Colin Seeley. He built them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumpyfck:
He made the kits, they were built at the dealership I gather. I  am 99.9% sure the body kit I have is not one of the original 250. As the folks above say, likely old stock that may have had a face lift.  I am pretty sure rear shocks are of a 900f. Carburetors are 69-76  flavour but that's likely because of the yoshimura 812 kit. It has been messed about for sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version