Author Topic: Greetings from Southampton  (Read 625 times)

Offline Gareth

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel following the restoration of my 1970’s Honda CB200
Greetings from Southampton
« on: October 23, 2020, 08:48:19 PM »
Hi, I’m Gareth.

I hope none of you bigger boys…and girls… will mind me being here. I have and am working on a 1970’s CB200. It was my dads’ bike first, he got it at the same time I went up to a ‘proper’ motorbike, in my late teens, a CB100N from my first two wheeled freedom machine… a Tomos moped.

Boy did I love and hate that Tomos.

We had many a good ride out together, real good memories. Unfortunately, years later and years ago now, he had a low speed crash while out on it one afternoon. As a result of that he never walked again. ‘We’ fixed it up and I started to use it. More good memories and many long ride (in the rain) around the UK. Then 10ish years ago I embarked on a ‘let’s fix it up’, dad would love to see it back to its former glory.

Work, life, four different jobs and six house/locations moves later I can now begin to see a glimmer of a light at an end of this part restoration project. Sadly, dad died suddenly just over a year ago, so didn’t get to see it done, but I’m still keen to finish this ‘little’ project, with a little 'help' from my now six year old son.

I am now getting very close, I hope, I so do hope, to getting this little old bike back on the road. I have recorded the journey via my YouTube channel. I found YouTube vids on bike restorations very useful in the early days so wanted to share my experiences, with the hope it could help someone else. I also found reading the posts on this (and other) forums very helpful.

I will try to add some pics of this CB200, back in its day, once I find them. I’m sure they are in a box somewhere safe… As well as up to date shots as I make those little steps of progress towards getting it back on the road.
Still working on a part restoration of my 1970’s Honda CB200. “What could possibly go wrong?".

Follow my progress via my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzD1DtOcwxxHf29-6yC7JZA

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings from Southampton
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2020, 09:12:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum Gareth.

At least one or more CB200 already resident on here,  so you're in good company. It'll be good to see the pictures and progress.

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 09:14:55 PM »
Welcome Gareth - there's a few members on here got CB200's - enjoy the forum
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline Gareth

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel following the restoration of my 1970’s Honda CB200
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 09:27:28 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome.

First post about to go up. And sorry but it's an ask for help and recommendations for good paint suppliers.

Hope I put it in the correct section.
Still working on a part restoration of my 1970’s Honda CB200. “What could possibly go wrong?".

Follow my progress via my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzD1DtOcwxxHf29-6yC7JZA

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 01:08:01 AM »
Hi, welcome to the forum. Good to have another Gareth on here. 👍
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal