General > New Member Introductions

Greetings from Southampton

(1/1)

Gareth:
Hi, I’m Gareth.

I hope none of you bigger boys…and girls… will mind me being here. I have and am working on a 1970’s CB200. It was my dads’ bike first, he got it at the same time I went up to a ‘proper’ motorbike, in my late teens, a CB100N from my first two wheeled freedom machine… a Tomos moped.

Boy did I love and hate that Tomos.

We had many a good ride out together, real good memories. Unfortunately, years later and years ago now, he had a low speed crash while out on it one afternoon. As a result of that he never walked again. ‘We’ fixed it up and I started to use it. More good memories and many long ride (in the rain) around the UK. Then 10ish years ago I embarked on a ‘let’s fix it up’, dad would love to see it back to its former glory.

Work, life, four different jobs and six house/locations moves later I can now begin to see a glimmer of a light at an end of this part restoration project. Sadly, dad died suddenly just over a year ago, so didn’t get to see it done, but I’m still keen to finish this ‘little’ project, with a little 'help' from my now six year old son.

I am now getting very close, I hope, I so do hope, to getting this little old bike back on the road. I have recorded the journey via my YouTube channel. I found YouTube vids on bike restorations very useful in the early days so wanted to share my experiences, with the hope it could help someone else. I also found reading the posts on this (and other) forums very helpful.

I will try to add some pics of this CB200, back in its day, once I find them. I’m sure they are in a box somewhere safe… As well as up to date shots as I make those little steps of progress towards getting it back on the road.

K2-K6:
Welcome to the forum Gareth.

At least one or more CB200 already resident on here,  so you're in good company. It'll be good to see the pictures and progress.

philward:
Welcome Gareth - there's a few members on here got CB200's - enjoy the forum

Gareth:
Thanks for the warm welcome.

First post about to go up. And sorry but it's an ask for help and recommendations for good paint suppliers.

Hope I put it in the correct section.

taysidedragon:
Hi, welcome to the forum. Good to have another Gareth on here. 👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version