Author Topic: Good paint and paint suppliers?  (Read 2535 times)

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Good paint and paint suppliers?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 07:53:17 PM »
Was it much cheaper?

You can always give them a ring and ask. https://www.autopaintnorthern.co.uk/

Offline gtmdriver

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2020, 07:39:01 AM »
Even if RS don't have the colour they can mix it. Currently RS are are matching and mixing a Honda paint colour (Satellite Blue Metallic) that they did not have by using a small fairing panel I sent them.

I contacted 5 or 6 motorcycle paint suppliers. No one even listed the colour and 3 of them suggested that I try RS.

Offline Menno

• SOHC Expert
  • www.tanklackieren.de
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2020, 11:29:36 AM »
Even if RS don't have the colour they can mix it. Currently RS are are matching and mixing a Honda paint colour (Satellite Blue Metallic) that they did not have by using a small fairing panel I sent them.

I contacted 5 or 6 motorcycle paint suppliers. No one even listed the colour and 3 of them suggested that I try RS.

Do you have a sample of Satelite blue metallic?
This may be a bit of a strange question but could you send me a sidecover to match the paint?
I am collecting Honda colours and this colour is very unique since (as far as I know) this colour is only sold in the US...
I would pay for your inconvenience...

Offline Gareth

• View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel following the restoration of my 1970’s Honda CB200
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2021, 10:00:31 PM »
March 2021 update:
Thanks all for your comments. In the end we went with RS Paints, no other choice. However, things didn’t start well. Not so much Muscat Green rather just Muscat!

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

We got in touch with RS Paints who straight away clocked that things weren’t right and sent us out a new bottle. Now we are getting somewhere.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Check out my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzD1DtOcwxxHf29-6yC7JZA as I will post a vid about the tank once all done.

Thanks again.
Still working on a part restoration of my 1970’s Honda CB200. “What could possibly go wrong?".

Follow my progress via my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzD1DtOcwxxHf29-6yC7JZA

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2021, 09:42:44 AM »

Great service and quality from RS Bikepaints  BUT they lost my NOS part I sent them for matching and no real apology that they had done so .. a bit like .. "its been several months so it probably got thown away"  :(
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal