Other Stuff > Misc / Open

"Cafe Racers"

(1/5) > >>

Arch stanton:
Just browsing eBay. Looking at 750f1's which I admit to having a soft spot for.
I spotted a F1 Cafe Racer.  Which looks ok. If you like that sort of thing. But I think. If one is going to do something different. Do yer own thing. Not buy someone else's.
But my point is. How can someone take a bike. Then throw half of it away. Then ask 3 times what a original mint bike is worth?

JonnyB:
ahh, the age old question. Not only that, but is the thing that remains safe?

I've seen BMW K100 "cafe racers" that should really be scrapped as unsafe. And I've bought fairing parts so cheap because every is binning them off to make Crapè racers.

I loved my F1 when I had it and would not have changed an inch of it

Athame57:
I wouldn't pay far too much (says someone who paid too much for a standard CB400F, but if I saw a cafe racer I could BUILD ON...then I might. Customization can be an ongoing thing.

bobv7:
I can remember the time when the term "cafe racer" was only used to register scorn and derision for those who were better at posing on bikes than actually riding them. The English language is a wonderfully accommodating and flexible thing!

Rozabikes Tim:
I think current expensive tend for cafe racers and bobbers etc is buying a lifestyle in many cases. Fashion statement!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version