SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

TL125 wanted???

<< < (3/3)

Laverda Dave:
All 'Classic Bike' prices have gone through the roof. Why, because the investors have moved in. Houses are not coming onto the market as people either can't afford to move or extend what they have so that cuts off a potential investment opportunity. You pay capital gains tax on art so that's another investment opportunity gone. Savings pay on average 1.1% over two years so why bother with banks. Classic cars and bikes are going up, up & up. No gains tax to pay and a very healthy market. Anything 70’s bike wise is a sure-fire investment. Will these people ride their investment, I doubt it. Once the bank rates go up to pay for Covid the investors will have to sell to pay their loans off and prices will fall. The same happened  in the mid 80’s when I was working on classic Jags and Aston's. The company I worked for went bust because the investors couldn't pay for the retrims on their classic cars that had gone from being worth £100k+ for an E-Type to £40k within 3 months!

andut:
I have a neighbour a few doors away who still has his TL125 that he bought 45 years ago.  He didn't take to bikes, so it has only a few hundred miles on it and is sat in his workshop still waiting for it's first service !  Great looking little bike !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version