SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

Cb200 engine removal

(1/1)

shifter:
Having acquired a couple of cb 200’s  to restore im wondering if someone can give me some insight as the easiest way to remove engine from frame ie can it done without removing starter motor etc  or any other tips ,as when I come to refit into a newly powder coated frame I try and avoid scratching frame ,

MrDavo:
I don't know any specifics for your CB200, but I can recommend the grey foam pipe insulation which you can buy from DIY stores. It's already split longways just put it over your frame tubes and tape it up. Also, if you are taking off the forks, wheels etc anyway, it is much easier to lift the lighter frame on and off the heavy engine lying on its side.

Here's my Z1A engine going in, note also the use of Duck Tape on polished engine cases. Nothing got scratched in this process. The large friend on the right came in handy, but may not be as necessary for a CB200. :)

shifter:
Thankyou Mr Davao, for your advice , I see in two different manuals as where they mentioned  lifting Engine out from different sides ha not sure  weather one was looking at the bike from the front head on and the other from sitting astride. . Thankyou again ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version