Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 2972 times)

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Covid 19
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 06:32:32 PM »
Chris, I'm glad to hear you are getting through this. An unnerving time and I'm looking forward to all of us coming out of the other side. Maybe a meet-up then, for all SOHC members,  once that is allowed again. Best wishes, Andy.
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2020, 09:40:22 PM »
Chris - sounds like you've properly been through the ringer. Glad you're coming out the other side.

Clearly no joke...keeping it all crossed for you as you recover. At least you're back home now. Thanks for sharing and reminding us to stay vigilant and be responsible.

Offline adespin

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 01:03:21 PM »

Moorey good to see your out of a scary part of your life, hope you don't suffer from the after effects that seem to accompany the virus.

Were you self isolating at the time you caught the virus or trying to live a semi normal life as the majority of Britain is trying to do?
1971 cb750 K1

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 05:54:29 PM »
I am in the vunerable group having Asthma  and Chronic lymphatic leukaemia So we have tried to be very careful from the very start of all this. But as with all things and the passage of time vigilance drops and you tend to get a little complacent about the small things that keep you safe. No we haven't lived any sort of semi normal life this year really. We have been able to get away in the Motorhome a couple of times through the summer taking a couple of bikes with us and still been able to isolate to a very large extent. Where or how we have caught this we have no idea but we have. I am sure things will only get better for us as time goes on and a full recovery will be made in the due course of time.
It is amazing how much simple well wishing messages pick you up. Stay safe and thanks all.   ;) :)

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2020, 06:21:33 PM »
I am in the vunerable group having Asthma  and Chronic lymphatic leukaemia So we have tried to be very careful from the very start of all this. But as with all things and the passage of time vigilance drops and you tend to get a little complacent about the small things that keep you safe. No we haven't lived any sort of semi normal life this year really. We have been able to get away in the Motorhome a couple of times through the summer taking a couple of bikes with us and still been able to isolate to a very large extent. Where or how we have caught this we have no idea but we have. I am sure things will only get better for us as time goes on and a full recovery will be made in the due course of time.
It is amazing how much simple well wishing messages pick you up. Stay safe and thanks all.   ;) :)

I had to Google Chronic Lymphatic Leukaemia - it's a condition I have never heard of. Being in remission from Hodgkin's Lymphoma since 1990 I thought I knew all about similar conditions. You are clearly a born survivor / fighter have a great Christmas.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2020, 06:22:18 PM »
One thing i have not said which i should have is the treatment i received from the ambulance paramedics, the staff at Huddersfield A&E and all the staff on the COVID ward at Calderdale Hospital in Halifax was tremendous. Thank you.

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2020, 06:26:42 PM »
Best wishes for your recovery and ongoing health.

I feel that it's severity for those vulnerable is only usurped by it's ability to travel so very easily from one to another in any community,  and certainly appears to swerve most contingency deployed to mitigate transfer. 

It's as much that generally we can't quantify (on a global level) as to how it's so very efficient at moving that makes it difficult to make personal decisions in attempting to be less of a target.

Certainly strange times indeed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal