SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB750 K5/6/7

(1/4) > >>

Brett72:
Hi, thought i had better move to a proper page and away from the newbies intro page and start a thread purely for my resto. Its a big task i have taken on especially knowing that there is lots of parts missing and working out whats not there!!
Still lots of fun tinkering in the garage and playing on the net searching for bits. Not 100% sure wether or not to try and go as near to original as possible or because the engine is one year different from the frame go for a cafe/unique look and just make something i like.

Brett72:
just some of the photos as i go. I have a k6 engine but the carbs are from a K7. will they fit and work?

Trigger:
Look for a K1 to K6 set of carbs. They are better carbs and think the K7, K8, F2 PD carbs are only a match for the heads with the larger valves or, i could be wrong. Nope, thinking about it the early carbs are much more user friendly  ;)

Brett72:
Thanks Trigger. Might see if anyone has a set to swap/px

Brett72:
Evening, i have just taken the pistons off and have noticed that on numbers 1 and 4 the rings are fully compressed. Any tips how to get them off? They are soaking at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version