SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

CB550 K0 #449

(1/4) > >>

Kelly E:
I thought I would put up some picures of the 74' 550 build that I just finished. I've had it for 3 years but worked on other bikes for a year in the middle of the project. Here's some motor shots.

Kelly E:
The motor going into the frame.

Kelly E:
The rear sets I made from the stock peg mounts and a set of 82' V45 Sabre foot peg mounts. I cut 150mm out of the middle of the back fender after I removed the mount. Then welded back to the mount with the taillight wiring tunnel intact. For the seat I modified the stock base so it still uses the hinge and seat lock. A shop did the foam and the seat cover. We went with Hagon shocks and installed needle bearings in the swingarm.

Kelly E:
Then we finished up the rear lights and moved on to the front end. We assembled it and got the fork brace and front fender attached. We used Progressive brand springs and tapered roller bearing in the steering head. The front fender got 230mm cut out of the middle with the seam under the fork brace.

Kelly E:
Then it was time for the headlight bucket and getting everything plugged into the new wiring harness. Time for the gauges.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version