SOHC.co.uk Forums > Other Bikes

anyone had or got one of these

(1/3) > >>

MIKE550/4:
Looking for smallish bike  of the sohc  era

Might not be this one but we will see, what do you guys think ?

side panels missing, tank looks badly damaged ( easy parts to get hold of ?)

what other bikes of this era came in engine 125 , my youngest boy has started to tinker and he actually spotted this one on e bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250521225414&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

mick:
Hi Mike, i dont think you would have much trouble finding parts for that bike, & it looks very original , other bikes with 125 single engines of that era by Honda would be CG and Sl models  ;), cheers Mick.

matthewmosse:
I recon parts should be quite widely available for that, in fact Rod Gibson recently did one (or a similar model) up in cmm just before he passed away
It was a sad loss to the motorcycling worldwhen Rod passed away - RIP

MIKE550/4:
well got outbid in the usual e bay way, , ( with about 3 seconds to go by a few quid )   

if anyone comes across a little project 125 of the era drop me a message and let us know

corbyrocco@yahoo.com or pm

cheers mike budget not great 250-350

Dave M:
That's a SOHC CB125S and was my first "proper" bike which I got in 1976 and took my test on. This is a later one fitted with Honda's cable operated front disc brake like the CB200.

The engines are pretty good but there are a couple of things to look out for:

There is no oil filter. Instead it has a centrifugal filter on the right hand end of the crank and this needs cleaning regularly however the clutch case needs to come off. It's not a difficult job but nobody ever does it.

There are no camshaft bearings. The cam runs in the head itself so if there's any hint of oil starvation the cam picks up on the bearing surface and the only fix is a replacement head.

The cam chain tensioner is manually adjusted and again tends to get neglected.

I really enjoyed my 125S and it was a great first bike.

I haven't seen one for years and have no idea what parts availability is like now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version