General > Announcements

TT 2021 Cancelled

(1/4) > >>

Moorey:

Unfortunately next years TT cancelled.

https://www.iomttraces.com/news/racing

cooleronthecoast:
I know race teams and the whole infrastructure leading up to an event like the TT can't just happen overnight but I would've thought they could delay the decision until the New Year at least to see what happens with the new COVID vaccines?  Presumably the answer to that is No.

philward:
I think the IOM has been particularly successful in locking out the virus with the measures they have taken - they are clearly not confident that the mainland will have alleviated the virus by next June I would assume from that decision.

bobv7:
I think the truth is that arranging and organising events like the TT take quite a bit longer than six months, and I can also understand that the IOM residents would not be too keen on increasing the covid risk from the mainland. 2022?

K2-K6:
With the euphoric announcement of vaccine etc now passed,  the practical application of realistic steps is most likely to take longer than many hope for.

The TT announcement seems to be realistic given the above if true. I don't think the sport of motorcycle racing would want to have the adverse labeling that'll go with something like this if it were to go wrong. Well certainly given how the news channels treat any serious incident that happens there anyway,  even without the overlay of pandemic.

Personally not so cautious,  but I feel it does appear to be the right decision for them and the sphere of those that would be involved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version