SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Camshaft Refit

(1/2) > >>

PennoK3:
Hi guys, looking for salvation after a morning of despair.

CB550 engine build going steady, latest activity replacement of camshaft, primary chain seems very tight and after a struggle to align everything and fit it to the sprocket it is so tight I cant get the sprocket to seat on the camshaft.

Any thoughts experience more than welcome.

UPDATE:   Searched the forum and found a similar post.   Backed off the tensioner and with a bit of very gentle persuasion everything is now on and aligned albeit very tight.   If I now release the cam chain tensioner the centre screw is positioned with the slot vertical and will turn around 30 degrees before springing back.   Does this seem right?

Nurse Julie:
Is the adjuster back off all the way?. Also, if its a DID and you bought it from a supplier in Ireland, he can't count correctly, You need to check how many links the chain has. it has.

PennoK3:
Hi Julie, have updated the initial post but will count the links, that would be my worst nightmare  :'(

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: PennoK3 on December 01, 2020, 01:57:55 PM ---Hi Julie, have updated the initial post but will count the links, that would be my worst nightmare  :'(

--- End quote ---
Trig had that problem a few years ago on a CB500/4 engine, he thought he was going round the twist but the incorrect link number had been supplied 😢😢😢

PennoK3:
88 links which I believe is correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version