Author Topic: New DVLA rules on black & white No plates  (Read 2471 times)

Offline Rob62

• SOHC Pro
  • ZZR1100D9, CB750K4, RD250F, NSR250MC21, RD350YPVS
    • View Profile
Re: New DVLA rules on black & white No plates
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2020, 09:46:05 PM »

[/quote]

So was the front front number plate should people have to re fit those, and don't use the safety argument as there are a lot of sharp parts at the front of older vehicles.
Personally i don't give a stuff what number plate anyone uses its their bike and was never part of the bike originally. You must find it difficult going to any sort of bike gathering if you find it repulsive as b&w plates are everywhere now.
[/quote]
Well said Moorey... too many classic-bike police out there, each to his own I say

Offline davefirestorm

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2020, 10:50:06 PM »
My sentiments too,it’s your bike put whatever you like on it
Honda CB650Z
Honda F6C Valkyrie

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2020, 08:41:28 AM »
Great bureaucratic wording in that article too. Paragraph 4 .. do vehicles have the ability to display a number plate?!
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2020, 12:43:07 PM »
I'm glad to see that new reg plates are prohibited from displaying the crappy eu flag.  My car came with them on so I stuck something better on
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2020, 01:30:54 PM »
My L reg bike was first registered in May 73, it wears a black and silver reverse engraved Perspex number plate. As the letter L was issued from September 72 to August 73 if ever asked by Mr Plod I’d claim it was a 72 bike. My understanding of the law was that the wording was constructed not registered pre 73, am I wrong?

I thought the law was registered pre 31/12/72. I had this stuck in my mind after getting a producer slip because of the black and white plate on my 1977 Triumph T140V, back when it was fairly new. I'd fitted a small black and white plate, which I never cleaned, to help get away with occasionally storming through quiet North Wales villages with my mates in the dead of night at weekends. The copper was fine about it, so was I after I realised he'd failed to notice no front disc and twisted forks, as it was pouring down. I was recovering the bike to Lancaster after a crash in Manchester. I'd nearly gone into the back of his range rover with no front brake, and was so relieved when he started to blather on about correct number plates. The fact that my front wheel was shaped like a potato crisp had completely passed him by.

I'm torn with this issue on my 1974 Z1A. It came with a used silver and black 'M' reg plate, which it has clearly used since the bike was brought to the UK in the mid 90's and given an age related number. So it is part of the bikes history, and there are no legal problems. On the other hand, as cool and retro as the plate is, I'm also mindful of the fact that back in 1974, all Z1A's in the UK had black and yellow plates.

1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2020, 02:03:26 PM »
But its not a UK bike and never can be so fit the one YOU like best

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal