Author Topic: Clocks  (Read 1397 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Clocks
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 08:45:30 AM »
Lovely restored clocks.. a real honour to have Peter Horton as a member on here.

It fascinates me that for quite a few Honda models I own, or have owned,  there are  German variants of the exhausts (mufflers)
Like HMCB750 stamped 'K0' exhausts (instead of HM300's and similarly, for my CB250K0's,  there was a specific German part code. It must have been a nightmare for Honda. When I saw the 'restored' Brighton pre-prod. prototype at the DS CB750 event,  it had HMCB750 stamped NOS pipes on it .... sadly the down-pipes had blued a bit. There were specific main jet needles too for German market bikes. I sold a set of those needles NOS on eBay only for  some 'expert' CB750K0 jerk owner to imply that I had scammed him and no way were they for a 1st model CB750....they definitely  were ...but as clearly detailed in the description, they were for the German market bikes.
Also with the CX500 I had, there were two different variants of silencer for the two different power 'PS' bikes.

I must say though, the general standard of used parts I have bought from Germany has generally been 1st class. I have a lovely S90 seat winging it's way from Germany this week ... just don't know if I will be stung for customs charges yet   :( ... fingers crossed.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:24:23 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 09:57:55 AM »
The knowledge and insights on this forum are nothing short of fascinating.

I’m absolutely bowled over with my clocks. I might have to buy some cheap 2nd hand ones to put on the bike. I feel like I’ll be letting Peter down installing them on my cobbled together heap. :-\

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 12:43:44 PM »
Has any of us ever tested/compared the accuracy of the Nippon Seiki and the ND ones?

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2021, 12:57:00 PM »
That’s an interesting question. I know ND are faster......... ;)

I’m told that in terms of quality they are very similar, however the ND were probably dearer to build (tooling).

Accuracy......what size tyres are the bikes running?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal