General > Announcements

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2021

<< < (7/7)

philward:

--- Quote from: Macabethiele (Ted) on December 25, 2020, 09:44:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: mike the bike on December 24, 2020, 07:24:50 PM ---Luxury.   I wish I had a garage.  It's not fun fettling in the open air.

--- End quote ---
I remember my days with no garage - filling rot with filler but only on warm dry days - I actually tied a steel block & tackle to a tree branch to remove the engine from my Mini - 1966 happy days!

The tree was the farmers across the road so I was blocking the road off for about 20 minutes but it was a very quiet lane was Tithe Barn Lane Sutton on the Hill now spelt differently to the road signs by Google as Tythe Barn instead.

--- End quote ---

It was all different back when we were younger compared to the health and safety 21 st century - my uncle 'Ciggy' (Cyril) was a self employed mechanic who for a few years before getting a garage to work out of, used to work from outside the pub at the bottom of the street he and my grew dad up in. The locals used to call him 'Bull' - as he used to strap a rope round his neck to lift engines out of cars!

SteveW:
Happy Christmas everybody and thanks to all the people on here who have helped me out with my 550 over the past year.

andy120t:
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version