Author Topic: Dragging clutch  (Read 5730 times)

Offline Scottvincent

• View Profile
Re: Dragging clutch
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2021, 06:04:24 PM »
You make a compelling point. I have had a quick trawl of the internet and find that the question of which oil to use is not one to be entered into lightly. I will still go ahead and change to 10w40 mineral oil. As you would say, “there is no try or not try; there is only do”

Regards
Honda CB750 F1
BMW R60/2
BMW R25/2
Sunbeam S8/VW
BMW R60/R100
Honda C72
Honda C200
Love anything with 2/3 wheels

Offline StealthDJ

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2022, 10:33:49 AM »
Sorry to raise this topic from the dead, but did you ever find a solution to this?  I find myself in a similar situation on a number of points:

1. F1 750
2. Replacement plates from DS with angled slots on the 'standard' plates rather than perpendicular
3. No 'double' plain plate (that I recall seeing)

Where it differs is the the exact symptoms - the bike is rideable.  And can even be held in gear with the clutch in and no need to hold the brake.  However, the gear changes (downshifts especially) are so bad that false neutrals are a frequent occurrence because I can't get full throw on the gear lever.  That on its own would suggest the clutch lifter needs adjusting, but a: it already is, and b: while the clutch still drags with the lever held fully in, it doesn't actually properly bite until the lever is almost completely released.

I'm fairly sure I'm going to have to take the whole lot apart again, but curious to see what I'll be wanting to look for when I do...

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2022, 05:27:27 PM »
Unsure if you've seen this thread as there's relevant aspect to it http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,28230.0.html which may help your investigation.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal