Author Topic: Anyone on here have experience of RTD aftermarket ignition ?  (Read 682 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Anyone on here have experience of RTD aftermarket ignition ?
« on: January 15, 2021, 05:55:23 PM »
One works, one is faulty and the other is completely dead  :)
Look complicated and expensive  :)  .

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone on here have experience of RTD aftermarket ignition ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 06:48:12 PM »
I've seen them but not worked with them, quite a serious setup and those EMX07 still look to be current.

What are those ones used on Ash ?

They are,   RTD, over near Northampton.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 08:01:02 PM »
I've seen them but not worked with them, quite a serious setup and those EMX07 still look to be current.

What are those ones used on Ash ?

They are,   RTD, over near Northampton.

They belong my mate from York .....  bit of a mystery really as the one I think he said he uses on his CB500K1 sprint bike has a manufacturers label printed Suzuki GSX1100R on the back of the case? The other two are not labelled. I guess it's a case of testing the MOSFETS transistors & diodes etc. and taking  it from there. But if the micro-controller  duff there isn't much I can do to fix them.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 08:12:20 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 08:23:09 PM »
The left one looks like it has an additional MOSFET fitted compared to the others. They can have shift trigger lights etc, so maybe something like that.

Spec for them says they will fire 4 coil , so potentially for coil on plug applications too. But also programmable for ignition advance curve etc.

The labelled one could have been supplied by third party and mapped by them for the GSX for example. All appear to be identified as EMX07 but could have been supplied to different specification or to different uses originally.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 09:10:07 PM »

The labelled one could have been supplied by third party and mapped by them for the GSX for example. All appear to be identified as EMX07 but could have been supplied to different specification or to different uses originally.

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 09:31:36 PM »
Oooh, that is for a very serious bike,  Greame Crosby era replica no less

:D

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 11:19:21 PM »
Looking back at an email from my mate he mentioned a race bike he owns ..a  GSXR1100 ... that Gary Johnson rode in 2018 for him so I suspect it's off that machine Nigel

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 10:25:18 AM »
He messaged me Nigel .. it's evidently a backup for his GSXR 1100 XR69 classic race bike as he is now using a Dyna 2000 system on it. But he also has a CB500K1 based sprint bike both of which he takes to the IOM classic events.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal