Author Topic: Andy Mechanic - You Tube  (Read 1411 times)

Offline PHILIP2908

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Andy Mechanic - You Tube
« on: January 14, 2021, 08:24:20 AM »
Does anybody follow Andy Mechanic on You Tube?
During lockdown, I’ve been bingeing on Allen Millyard videos and came across Andy Mechanic. He’s a Yorkshire lad I think, living in New Zealand and works as a lecturer. He is fault finding on a friend’s CB750 at the moment and the video on chasing a weak spark is really good as he explains things really well for electrical dummies like me. There are over 300 videos; goes on a bit so they are a bit lengthy and also has scantily dressed young women walking around doing some tasks – obviously to bump up the number of subscribers (gets more money off You Tube see).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4HRPsTPl0A
Worth a watch.
Stay safe.
Phil. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
1974 Honda XL250 K0 - Silver - owned for 32 years. Not running at the moment
1972 Honda CB750 K2 - Now candy apple red - Ex USA, a DK special - needs a lot more work than I thought - very quickly becoming a DS special...

Offline PHILIP2908

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Andy Mechanic - You Tube
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 08:26:11 AM »
Don't know why my photos appear up side down.... [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
1974 Honda XL250 K0 - Silver - owned for 32 years. Not running at the moment
1972 Honda CB750 K2 - Now candy apple red - Ex USA, a DK special - needs a lot more work than I thought - very quickly becoming a DS special...

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 12:03:23 PM »
maybe coz the video was encoded in New Zealand...it's on the other side of the globe, so its the right way up there. ....

sorry... couldn;t help myself
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 02:21:15 PM »
Nowt on TV last night so checked out his live chat.

Asked if he hails from East Yorkshire .. He replied between period 14m:48s and 19m:25s. Seems a decent chap  ;D

You can take the lad out of East Yorkshire but the the old accent is unmistakable. (I suppose he's North Yorkshire/East Yorkshire technically  from his description of the places he grew up).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai9eMyXxaDg

Suggested in an email he joins us on here.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal