Other Stuff > Tricks & Tips

Swing Arm Bearings

(1/4) > >>

Yoshi823:
When I was modifying my 750F2 I found a company that was selling phosphor-bronze swinging arm bearings.As you may or may not know the standard ones are made of plastic...not very confidence inspiring.

So I managed to buy 5 sets of these.One set went into my 750 project,another set into my wifes CB550F2, with another set in a friends CBX1000Z.The other sets were sold to other needy friends.At that time these sold for about

Bryanj:
Yoshi you may find this link usefull

http://www.motogrid.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/7/default.aspx

Put the part number into the RH side of the page and you will get a list of all the bikes that Honda sez it fits

Yoshi823:
That's a very useful website...

470four:
Yoshi823, where did you get these bearings from please? Am after some for my 400?  :)

Yoshi823:
I'm afraid that the company that I bought the PB bearings from ceased trading many years ago. But I did read more recently that you could buy them on fleebay for not too much...some place in Portugal. I am sure that if the likes of DSS could be made to import them then he would have a regular flow of orders. Failing that, there are several machining firms in Classic MCM who may well be able to make some up for you. I needed some for my Honda XL250SA, could not find any that I could buy so I machined some up from Dural (an aluminium with more tin in the alloy which gives a better machined finish). These were still in the bike after 15,000 miles with no problems.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version