Author Topic: CB250Rs Rebuild  (Read 4488 times)

Offline MRA464

• View Profile
Re: CB250Rs Rebuild
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2021, 01:29:02 PM »
Thanks again for all the reply's.

I am now in possession of the blue rs that came free with some parts I had ordered ( that what I told the wife!) again its a runner and has been dry stored. Condition wise its showing its age but oily not rusty.
I have only glanced over it quickly , but it all looks reasonable. The kick start is badly worn, which has caused damage to the peg and brake lever, wheels are painted along with the spokes, which don't look rusty so hopefully I can recover them unlike the ones I have on the black bike.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]   [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

So my plans are now to keep this one for another day and continue with the black one. I will use it as a reference to check for originality as I don't know if the black one is right.
My next plan is to get the engine completely stripped down and replace the worn out parts.
Piston & rings, Cam chain, balancer chain and all the o rings. Do you guys have recommendations or have definite don't buys.

Will I need to buy a cam chain tensioner? how do I tell if its worn, the chain is defiantly worn. 9mm upper limit.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

My first task is to remove the pins securing the rockers in place. My plan is to weld a rod or threaded bar to the top of the pin and ease it out with slide hammer or pull it out using the threads in a fixture. Fingers Crossed.
I will continue to clean up and replace where necessary all the other parts and get them stored away ready for the future rebuild.
I will update as I go.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 01:31:18 PM by MRA464 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal