Author Topic: elloooooo  (Read 624 times)

Offline Noz

• Mistress of Moo
    • View Profile
    • Bang To Rights
elloooooo
« on: May 13, 2021, 04:23:18 PM »
I used to live on forums, it's been a very long time since I joined one but here I am... *waves*
I'm Noz aka Naomi, I'm 45 and I live near York, I'm from Hitchin originally and I was pointed in your direction by my friend George/Athame57. I've lived in Yorkshire for 10 years now, still sound like a Mockney though  ;D  I'm just finishing off level 3 bike mechanics at Wakefield college, been a biker my whole life. I have 2 bandits that I built and it appears that I'm now being recommended to fix/rebuild people's bikes. I had just started a job as a bike technician at a local garage but C19 put paid to that  :-\ I had been rebuilding a T100 there but they sold it before it was done.

I am currently working on a 1977 CB550 Four F2/F3 goose-neck chopper, which has stood for 23 years in a garage. I'm in the progress of pulling it apart and making lists of required parts and making friends with Honda parts companies. I look forward to learning more about this bike, your knowledge will be invaluable. I will probably create a build thread on here, it's currently on that platform that stole the soul from these forums. I miss forums, it's nice to be back on one.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 04:36:08 PM by Noz »
Throw your personality at it.
It will either bounce or stick.

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
Re: elloooooo
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 04:39:14 PM »
Hi Noz, Glad you found us. We are decent bunch on here. This and the Laverda forums are the only ones I am on, I don't do 'instatwitterface' or the like.
Looking forward to the rebuild thread so 'the floor is yours' as they say 8)
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline Noz

• Mistress of Moo
    • View Profile
    • Bang To Rights
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 05:02:52 PM »
Cheers. I was mainly on the streetfighter or rat forums from 2009ish. I don't really frequent fb bike groups much these days, too many muppets. I went on the MZ one when I was rebuilding my dad's Saxon 251 but I soon left, it was a tad toxic. I can banter like the best of them but some take it too far and then don't like it when you bite back  8)  ;D  I'm sure it'll be reet.

Best crack on with this bike, I've spent all day researching parts etc, I still need to strip it down and most of the bolts are rusted, even with a can of spray. I'll add a build thread up later.
Throw your personality at it.
It will either bounce or stick.

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 05:10:43 PM »
Hiya Hunny Bunny....nice to see you here, you're in great company!  ;D
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 07:00:22 PM »
Welcome  :)

I know what you mean about FB but this forum hasn't really been affected by it as far as I can tell and seems to go from strength to strength.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal