SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Finally retired and building my project bike

(1/11) > >>

gamma:
Just like to thank JamesH again for the fuel tank.👍
I’ve finally retired to Spain and am starting my project build.  I actually did most of the work while working in the Middle East, then shipped it back in bits.
It’s been a long time since I fired tyres to a CB750😀

gamma:
Built it up to here so far.  I’m going to have to make a decision about the sump on the tank, as I had already made my own battery tray.

JamesH:
Blimey - that was a few years back? (you're welcome). So, where are you at with the build (a CR750 rep from memory?)

Johnwebley:
Great work. Love your helper.

BTW.a warning. I retired several years ago. And have never been busier.

Is there still 7 days in a week?

Not 6 or 5 ?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

philward:
James provided my tank as well! If you fit a CR Rep oil tank in conjunction with CR Rep fuel tank, it pretty much limits battery box position - I had to put it under the seat and go for a small lithium battery (although I don't have a starter motor as I wanted the slimmer race alternator which does away with the starter gears). When I've stopped throwing money at the cb500k2 build, I'm going to fit Andy at Good Bits race alternator conversion to allow starter motor gears - then fit a more powerful lithium battery or be vary imaginative with where to fit a normal sized battery.
Heres my finished bike and if you need any guidance (based on my build anyway), let me know

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version