SOHC.co.uk Forums > Project Board

Finally retired and building my project bike

<< < (2/11) > >>

gamma:
Excellent bike Phil. Mine won’t be as good, I’m sure. You are right John, I’ve been very busy already in retirement.
Yes, James it was going to be a CR replica, but as time went on and I saw those MotoGP pipes etc: I decided to make it more of a cafe racer..
I got 3 bikes from a scrap yard in Saudi, two F1’s and a K7.  I’ve posted most of the work I’ve done on the American sohc site.
I’ve retired to Spain and will have difficulty getting it road legal.
The engine is 836, I sent the barrels to APE in the states for the rebore and to supply pistons and a webcam 63a.
I sent the head to Mike Rieck in the states too for porting etc: I had a friend who lived in the states, so he took the parts home in his luggage.  I built the engine in Saudi and shipped it back.
I cut bits I didn’t want off of the frame and got it powder coated at Triple S coatings. I polished the wheel hubs and replaced bearings, bought alloy wheel rims off eBay and sent the wheels for lacing at Central Wheel co. I have fitted Bridgestone BT45 tyres. Tarozzi rear sets and clip-ones. I’ve made my own gauges holder and am going to use KOSO Tacho and speedo and a volt meter.
I’ve made my own wiring loom from scratch (I am not an electrician)😀
I had made my own battery tray before buying the fuel tank from James.
I don’t really want to shell out for a CR oil tank, so I’m considering my next move😀
The sump on the fuel tank clashes with the oil tank but I might modify the oil tank to gain clearance, or remove or modify the sump.  And then shift the battery.

gamma:
More pics

gamma:
More pics. I am using the F1 frame with the K7 swinging arm and rear hub, as I wanted shoes at the back, not a disc.  I had to get 10mm machined off of the sprocket side of the hub so that the sprockets will align.
I am also using a Suzuki GT750 rear brake cable
And converted the front to twin disc

gamma:
More pics

gamma:
I’ve taken a bit out of the oil tank, not sure if this will be ok?
What do you guys think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version