Author Topic: looking for old bike  (Read 1804 times)

Offline rosco

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
looking for old bike
« on: February 12, 2021, 09:20:09 PM »
 Hi i am looking for my mate,  his old bike from the 60s    The bike in question is a Honda C92  125cc Benly  1963 or 1964 Reg number is   AVY 533 A or B   colour was Blue  The bike was registered by Alan Mountains in York  the last known owner was Raymond Gowlett of Catterton nr York   Any information greatly received   It does not show on .gov website  Hope you can help    Cheers  Ross

Offline rosco

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: looking for old bike
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 06:40:38 PM »
Just been informed the reg number was AVY 533C

Online McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 09:58:36 AM »
Most likely no longer in existence - there was a firm in Scropton who bought and broke a lot of Japanese Bikes for spares I guess these places are all over the country on varying scales.

Whenever I have checked on the DVLA site for old cars or bikes  I have owned the records have been pretty accurate especially since SORN enforcement was fully introduced. It should show on the site if it is licenced or has been SORNed by the  keeper.

Only exeptions are those that were on the old brown or green log books prior to V5 computerisation or have had a cherrished transfer - very few slip through the system & still exist but there are exceptions. Some vehicles have been scrapped without notifying DVLA so you can get false positives. Best of luck with your search.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Online McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 05:39:21 PM »
My L reg 500 is not on the system and it has a V5 but not a V5C.

It’s been off the road since 1985 or around that time. DVLA said I’d need to apply for the old reg mark but I’ve been told to just MOT it with the reg and see what they do.

DVLA started rolling out issuing new V5C's sometime in 2011 for all licenced vehicles - the new V5C has red colours on the front page plus the pages were watermaked with "DVLA" they were to prevent fraud among other reasons. The good news is if you have either the V5 or the V5C/2 a new document is f.o.c. or at least it was when I used to go to the LVLO Office in Nottingham up until it closed.

Not sure if when you present a vehicle at a testing station if they can bring up the old VRM - you can of course get an MoT on a VIN number without a VRM and go from there in these situations DVLA will produce the updated MoT when a mark is asigned. The DVLA help line can be useful if the call is answered by someone who wants to help rather than put up obstacles.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:08:49 AM by Macabethiele (Ted) »
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline rosco

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 05:30:21 PM »
I suppose it is most likely scrapped  But was hoping it was hiding in someones shed/garage  Also trying the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club We will see what happens Thanks for replies Ross

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal