Author Topic: Cb 550 ss spain  (Read 12794 times)

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Cb 550 ss spain
« on: March 15, 2021, 08:57:07 AM »
Hi, I'm Murdock, I live in Spain and among other motorcycles I have a cb 550 SS from 1977 that I bought about 6 years ago, in the papers of the motorcycle it appears as a Blaynac brand, since in those years they did not allow importing Japanese motorcycles of more than 350 cc, they were brought by preparers such as Blaynac, Japauto, Dresda changing some parts and registering their brand, that way they could enter, here there are very few fours and it is very difficult to find spare parts for any Japanese classic motorcycle from before the 90 'when I bought it already had 7 previous owners, it was not so bad, it had different tires on each wheel, 3 carburettors worked and 2 leaked, the headlight and its supports were bent, the tank leaked through many holes, it was varnished with wood varnish, etc. I took it apart, or put it in the elevator and took it up to my house, I took it out to the terrace and there I completely disassembled it, painted the frame, cleaned many parts, put semis, another seat, other lights, repaired and reduced e the wiring, and repair the upper part of the engine, 6 years later I still try to carbure it well, that keeps me distracted, meanwhile I have rebuilt a 1979 guzzi t3 850 to my liking, but now I find myself in the situation that I do not have nothing to do unless I buy another motorcycle, so I decided to rejuvenate the super sport, it has been with velocity stacs these years and has already lost compression, it has 56,000 km I think it is time to open it, but I have a problem , pieces !!! here Honda does not sell spare parts for (old) motorcycles as they call, and the others only sell filters and nonsense, when I bought the parts I asked for them in cmsnl, but now with #@%$ they cost double, someone knows where I can buy at better prices and outside the uk? On ebay they sell parts but a lot of money goes to the different shipments, I am determined to disassemble the engine since the chain is jerking and surely the rubber studs are like stones, I hope you will help me with the choice of bearings, I bought that motorcycle because I've fallen in love since I was a child, I'm already 50 and I've had a lot of motorcycles, but that's like the first girlfriend

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Cb 550 ss spain
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 09:36:19 AM »
David Silver spares will sell worldwide but since UK left the EU (didnt use the B word as its banned here!) Customs duties are now charged.
I am sure people on here would act as middle men to get spares to you but losses in the post to your country are common so it would all have to be at your risk and payment first

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 09:49:14 AM »
of the 27 countries of the European Union none sells original parts for
 our engines?

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 09:52:50 AM »
I have friends in the UK who would gladly send me the spare parts, but would I avoid customs costs by post?

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 10:03:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum Murdock. I like your style of restoration and taking the bike up to the house in the elevator, it reminds me of my younger days of taking a 400/4 engine apart on the family dinner table (where it stayed for weeks on end!).
Have you tried CMSNL based in Holland for parts? Unlike DSS they have the exploded parts diagram on their website together with prices making ordering easy. Just make sure you order as many parts as possible in one go as their postage costs are very high.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 10:06:22 AM »
Welcome to the forum Murdock. I like your style of restoration and taking the bike up to the house in the elevator, it reminds me of my younger days of taking a 400/4 engine apart on the family dinner table (where it stayed for weeks on end!).
Have you tried CMSNL based in Holland for parts? Unlike DSS they have the exploded parts diagram on their website together with prices making ordering easy. Just make sure you order as many parts as possible in one go as their postage costs are very high.
Sorry, I read your post again and see you have already tried CMSNL. There are big motorcycle breakers in Germany with a lot of old Honda sohc spares and who advertise on eBay, maybe worth a try.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 10:08:58 AM »
Welcome Murdock - would be interesting to see pictures of your bike. As CMSL is Dutch, why has prices changed as Holland to Spain charges should not change.
Cruzinimagine on ebay sell some quality engine spares at good prices (Japan based)

Sorry, posted while Dave was posting so duplicated info!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 10:10:50 AM by philward »
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 10:18:48 AM »
Yes, sooo many years ago at my parents' house 11th floor I raised the engine of a husqvarna te 510 1989 and disassembled it in my room borrowing the kitchen table, hahaha

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 11:21:43 AM »
anyone know the japanese tourmax chains? It is the CNN Q088 model, I am gathering information to buy the parts, seals, bearings, pistons etc and these are at a good price but I do not know their durability

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 06:35:47 PM »
not is the best picture

Offline Piki

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2021, 07:32:11 PM »
Yo te vendo mi 550 y haces una moto nueva  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am  selling you  my 550 and  so you can make a new one.
Where are you locate in Spain?

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2021, 08:36:03 PM »
Ya me gustaría , pero tengo 4 motos , vivo en Madrid , dónde compras recambios ? Quiero hacer el motor casi entero , ya tiene 56000 km y da tirones la cadena también tiene poca compresión ,  los precios de cmsnl o David silver son terribles y encima te agregan el IVA , en España no consigo casi nada , tú dónde vives ?

I would like, but I have 4 motorcycles, I live in Madrid, where do you buy spare parts? I want to make almost the entire engine, it already has 56,000 km and the chain is jerking, it also has little compression, the prices of cmsnl or David silver are terrible and on top of that they add VAT, in Spain I get almost nothing, where do you live?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 11:08:12 PM by murdock »

Offline Piki

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2021, 08:59:40 PM »
I also live in Madrid  and when I need  buy some I try on Ebay,DSP,CMSNL........., in this forum.........here there is a lot of friends that can help you with some spares or knowledge. Restorations are never and cheap an even less on these four cylinders, if you want we can meet one day and see your motorcycle, maybe I can help you.

Yo tambien vivo en Madrid y cuando necesito respuesto yo miro en Ebay, DSP, CMSNL y en este forum, aqui hay un monton de amigos que pueden ayudarte con algun repuesto y conocimientos. Las restauraciones nunca son barate y menos en estas cuatro cilindros, si tu quieres podemos quedar un dia y ver tu moto, a lo mejor puedo ayudarte.

Un saludo.

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2021, 11:04:33 PM »
hola , ok algun dia quedamos , vivo en las rozas . la moto funciona pero esta floja de motor , paso por 7 dueños antes que yo , la compre hace 6 años , en galicia , al motor solo le cambie los aros , lapee las valvulas y les cambie los retenes , platinos y condensadores mas la cadena de tiempo , arranca a la primera pero entre que no esta muy bien carburada y la falta de potencia ya no supero los 120 , pienso abrirla totalmente y cambiar cadena primaria , tacos , retenes , segmentos y los cojinetes que aun se consigan , arriba pistones y aros , aun tengo que encontrar un rectificador cerca , de a poco voy comprando las piezas , cuando termine la homologacion de la guzzi la destripo , sabes si en el foro existe algun listado de las piezas necesarias para reconstruir la parte baja

Hello, ok one day we meet, I live in Las Rozas. The motorcycle works but the engine is loose, it went through 7 owners before me, I bought it 6 years ago, in Galicia, the engine only changed the rings, lapped the valves and changed the seals, points and condensers plus the chain. time, it starts the first time but between the fact that it is not very well carburated and the lack of power I no longer exceed 120, I plan to open it completely and change the primary chain, studs, seals, segments and bearings that are still available, pistons and rings , I still have to find a rectifier nearby, little by little I am buying the parts, when the homologation of the guzzi is finished, I destroy it, do you know if there is a list of the necessary parts to rebuild the lower part
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 11:09:23 PM by murdock »

Offline Skoti

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 05:33:46 PM »
Murdock,

here's some places you could try that are cheaper than CMSNL.

http://www.ddmototeam.com/mobile/articles_honda.php?type_moto=17&type=pc

This guy has the biggest stock of new and used classic Honda parts in Germany.
Wolfgang Drescher, Ersatzteile für klassische Hondas
Frankfurter Str. 40 63584 Rothenbergen
FAX 06051/16562
He also sells from ebay
https://www.ebay.de/str/drescherheistermoparts

https://www.classiccyclecity.de/

https://www.classic-bikes.de/

http://www.four-schmiede.de/

Motorcycling is Life, anything B4 or after is just waiting...

1976 Honda CB750F1

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal