Author Topic: Cb 550 ss spain  (Read 13262 times)

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cb 550 ss spain
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2021, 12:35:07 PM »
fui a probar u na vuelta , la respuesta del motor era bastante buena , pero no lo suficiente , al regresar a casa he quitado las bujias numero 1 y 4 , esto luego de la autovia 2km para llegar a casa , donde no puedo correr
estan muy grises , pero no fueron limpiadas antes , igualmente intentare otra prueba con el elemento filtrante sin la tapa

I went to try a lap, the engine response was quite good, but not enough, when I returned home I removed the spark plugs number 1 and 4, this after the 2km highway to get home, where I cannot run
They are very gray, but they were not cleaned before, I will also try another test with the filter element without the cover

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2021, 12:37:52 PM »
This is the number 4

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2021, 01:29:22 PM »
Muchas gracias hombre por su explanacion en Espanol. Me gusta (gusto?) mucho! Intenta la próxima vez con bujias limpiadas o nuevas. Para mejor resultado agrega una cucharada de aceite de castor al tanque de gas. Eso lo hace mas facil leer colorante. 

Thanks. I appreciate your replies in Spanish. When you try next time, use cleaned sparkplugs or new. You may add a spoonful of castor oil to the gastank to arrive at an easier to read result.

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2021, 03:48:19 PM »
aceite de ricino ??? podrias contarme un poco mas sobre eso ? se que huele muy bien

Castor oil ??? could you tell me a little more about that? I know it smells very good

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2021, 04:13:43 PM »
In the past, when gasoline contained lead, it was easy to read plug noses. With todays unleaded gas it is not so easy. Just a spoonful of castor oil in a gastank will produce a good interpretable color indication on plug noses, just like in the old days. There's no sideeffect. It will smell nice.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 04:15:32 PM by deltarider »

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2021, 12:14:54 PM »
Did you know that airplane engines in WW1 ran on caster oil in the engine. It's why Castrol is named as it is, after Caster oil, however the fumes gave the pilots the shits and the ground crew regularly had to hose out the cockpit as as result, no toilets in the sky fellas  ;D

Just saying, don't breathe the fumes too much  ;D ;D
Thank you, Oddjob!!! Man, I was to be operated. I've just called the hospital to cancel and say the can give the cork to someone else. ;D I've always guessed castrol came from caster oil. The inventor of the oilfilter named his product Purolator from pure oil later. Hope Purolator is still around. They are the best.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal