Author Topic: Cb 550 ss spain  (Read 13068 times)

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cb 550 ss spain
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2021, 06:03:19 PM »

Do you believe ? Now that you mention that before the reconstruction I had another type of cover, a cast aluminum one made in France, and now I have one that I bought from a kz that is narrower, I am a race without the cover to see if I notice any changes, but I do not think it's that

today I started the bike in complete darkness with the spots exposed,
at start-up there was a small fart, only one, a small piff typical of a leak,
 I still don't spray the carburettors one or two little red blue sparks came out of the 1.4 platinum, but then revving for a few minutes never happened again, all this in the dark
total.
I don't have a strobe gun, but through the sight glass on the platter you can see that the feed was increasing in size with centrifugal force normally
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 09:09:49 PM by murdock »

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 14, 2021, 06:52:23 PM »

Today I have sprayed the 4 carburetors below and above the nozzles, tanks and covers with engine starters and nothing, there is no air intake.
So I'll wait for a capacitor that I need to change and the spark plugs to see what happens, listening carefully to the engine with an accelerated idle, does not sound round

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 18, 2021, 09:32:51 PM »

New spark plugs and capacitors ok, it purrs like a cat, but remains the same, I suspect that it is the battery that is dead, I do not know if being depleted it removes intensity from the primary of the coil and that is the problem

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 28, 2021, 02:27:58 PM »
after a while I still have the problem, the engine keeps failing,
new capacitors,
perfectly statically adjusted points,
valves with perfect gap,
revised coils, revised cables,
tapas not oem (but I don't think that's why it should fail),
test lamp between spark plug and wires in all 4 ok.

rebuilt engine,
pistons and rings + 0.50 with 150 km
069a carburettors,
factory settings,
statically synchronized,
synchronized butterfly valves,
38 and 99 jets
needle in second position,
floats in 22 mm,
no leaks or air intakes
oem air filter,
4a1 tubes with megaphone silencer,
mixing screw in 1 1/2
starts instantly and sounds very smooth
with the throttle grip marked when it reaches 1/8 it starts to stutter. if I accelerate quickly when cutting a small portion of black smoke comes out, black ollin spark plugs,
Could someone give me some advice on how to follow to find the reason for the failure?
Thank you

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 28, 2021, 02:50:42 PM »
Another member on here had something similar and it was the new fuel pipe shedding small partivles internally blocking the jets

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 28, 2021, 06:07:56 PM »
all the spark plugs are black, now with the original air filter it is a pain of bollocks to remove the carburetors, I will try to measure the height of the gasoline in each carburetor to see if I can find out something,
Soon I will receive new orings for the yets, I will try to change them with the carburetors on the bike, maybe when I open them I will find something, I do not know

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 28, 2021, 06:43:21 PM »
Definitely wait to try those seals for the jets first.

As you've already checked most of the other items and still have something odd, these would have that effect.

From your description (black plugs and black smoke) it sounds like just too much fuel is being taken into the engine. All of the fuel is supposed to be carefully measured through the jet size, but if there's another way round that jet with failed seals it will just suck through that route too and add excess fuel to the main jet volume.

Hopefully the seals will give you a significant change to see.

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 28, 2021, 07:24:28 PM »

Offline Johnny4428

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 28, 2021, 08:14:42 PM »
This is proving such a pain for you this running issue Murdock. I assume when you state that your mixing screws are 1 1/2 turns in! You mean 1 1/2 turns out from softly seated. Sorry if I’m stating the obvious. I would be very surprised if some of the forum members don’t come up with a solution on this ongoing issue. There’s probably quite a number on here that would love to have the bike in front of them to give a good check over to help get to the bottom of it. Good luck! Hope you get sorted soon.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 09:57:43 PM by Johnny4428 »
1952 Cymoto on Triumph bicycle.
1961 Matchless G3
1974 Honda CB550K1. Running resto,
1978 Honda CB550K3.
1999 ST1100 Pan European 50th Anniversary.
1975,1980,1984,1986 Honda C90’s
1973 Honda CB750K3

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 28, 2021, 08:39:05 PM »

creo que no hace falta responder a tu pregunta .
 lo siento si no se entiende , pero debo usar el traductor de google para intentar salvar la barrera del lenguaje

I don't think it is necessary to answer your question.
 sorry if it is not understood, but I must use google translator to try to overcome the language barrier

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 28, 2021, 09:00:25 PM »
Black smoke, the first that comes to mind is unsufficient air. Maybe I have asked this before, but have you already tried with airfilter disconnected, to rule out a (partially) blocked air intake?

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 28, 2021, 09:08:37 PM »
no lo he probado mañana lo are , el filtro no es nuevo ,no esta sucio , pero es muy viejo

I have not tried it tomorrow I will, the filter is not new, it is not dirty, but it is very old

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 28, 2021, 09:18:35 PM »
Just disconnect it and also that breather tube if that is still connected to the airfilter case, so you can also check what comes out of that breather tube.

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 28, 2021, 09:31:42 PM »
quitare la tapa y el filtro de aire , el tubo del breather  , no esta conectado y  el de abajo de la caja tampoco tiene tubo y esta destapado ,
supongo que tambien probare con las mariposas a ver si mejora la combustion

I will remove the cover and the air filter, the breather tube is not connected and the one below the box does not have a tube and is uncovered,
I suppose that I will also try with the butterflies to see if it improves the combustion

gracias

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 29, 2021, 12:25:00 PM »
delta , debo de darte las gracias , y una explicacion , cuando compre la motocicleta una de las primeras cosas que cambie aparte de la ingesta de aire original fue el asiento por uno plano , ahora al instalar nuevamente la caja de aire original quedan apenas unos 3 centimetros libres , encerrados entre el marco y el asiento , lo que no permitia una buena ingesta de aire , devi de darme cuenta antes , he quitado la tapa y el elemento filtrante , inmediatamente el motor sono a gloria

Delta, I must thank you, and an explanation, when I buy the motorcycle one of the first things that I changed apart from the original air intake was the seat for a flat one, now when installing the original air box there are only about 3 Free centimeters, enclosed between the frame and the seat, which did not allow a good air intake, I realized before, I removed the cover and the filter element, immediately the engine sounded glorious

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal