Author Topic: Fuel Height  (Read 2129 times)

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel Height
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2021, 11:56:29 AM »
Tell us more, what air filters do you carry?
Have you checked the choke?

Offline murdock

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2021, 05:26:42 PM »
http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,5410.0.html

I hope you find the answer here, don't give up !!!

Offline Steris

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2021, 11:50:42 PM »
Thanks for the link Murdoc lots of good info on here, I'm running a standard air filter. I'll read through all this and try again. I'm not going to give up 🤣🤣

Offline Charliecharlcomb

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2021, 12:31:04 PM »
Thanks for the link Murdoc lots of good info on here, I'm running a standard air filter. I'll read through all this and try again. I'm not going to give up 🤣🤣
Don't give up, the solution is out there and the results are so worthwhile

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2021, 12:57:53 PM »
At risk of covering checks already made, it doesn't appear to be an "adjustment" issue as there's no response to turning the air screws.

With size 40 idle jets this should be happening and clearly it's not. That's the issue, seems that idle jets or circuit is impaired (that's fairly normal if left for years etc) making any refinement redundant until you've got flow going.

In effect the elevated idle is having air that doesn't get paired with any fuel to give correct running when you shut the throttle. If it just gets enough revs going it will start to gradually draw through the main jet supply just sufficient to keep it running lean at those revs.
If the idle jet delivered fuel competently it wouldn't rise and also give you a response to air screw too.

Offline Steris

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2021, 11:41:47 PM »
Thanks everyone for all your support and advice.  I think there going to have to come off again and more time in the ultrasonic bath 🙄🙄 I think it's definitely down to blocked pilot ways... the saga continues  🤣🤣

Offline deltarider

• SOHC Master
  • My kingdom for a turkey!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2021, 07:31:58 AM »
You may read this: http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,184299.msg2133957.html#msg2133957 Not saying it is the cause, but it wouldn't hurt checking the initial set up is still there. It's quickly done.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal