Author Topic: Ultrasonic cleaning solution (cylinder head carbs etc)  (Read 1134 times)

Offline WestYorkshireBiker

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Ultrasonic cleaning solution (cylinder head carbs etc)
« on: April 06, 2021, 11:40:03 AM »
Hey. Got an ultrasonic cleaner from Santa and only just getting round to using it. Want to clean a cylinder head first but anyone use these bits of kit and if so what solution don you use as there's loads out there to choose from. Ta.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

OW MUCH????????????

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
Re: Ultrasonic cleaning solution (cylinder head carbs etc)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 01:12:26 PM »
I have used Surfex HD from Bilt Hamber in my ultrasonic cleaner for a few years now the parts need to be free from most of the usual crap that accumulates over the years.  I use the same product in my parts washer to soak the bad stuff away.  In the ultrasonic I set the temp at 60 and clean for 30 mins.  If things are really grotty I sometimes take them out after the first 30 mins and use a scriber or small screwdriver to loosen stubborn bits in the crevices and then do them again.  5% Surfex by volume has been good for me so far.

Ian

Offline WestYorkshireBiker

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 01:38:28 PM »
I have used Surfex HD from Bilt Hamber in my ultrasonic cleaner for a few years now the parts need to be free from most of the usual crap that accumulates over the years.  I use the same product in my parts washer to soak the bad stuff away.  In the ultrasonic I set the temp at 60 and clean for 30 mins.  If things are really grotty I sometimes take them out after the first 30 mins and use a scriber or small screwdriver to loosen stubborn bits in the crevices and then do them again.  5% Surfex by volume has been good for me so far.

Ian
Nice one. Thanks Ian.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

OW MUCH????????????

Offline gtmdriver

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 03:36:48 PM »
I'm currently using Carbusonic EP26R which I got from Amazon UK but I have used dishwasher LIQUID detergent in the past with equally good results.

Basically all you need is a detergent solution to break down the surface tension of the water to make sure that the object is totally wetted out. It's the shock waves from the bursting micro-bubbles which do the cleaning.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal