Author Topic: Nurse Julie's quip about Ford Anglias remended me of an experience circa 1968 !  (Read 692 times)

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Okay this is not a joke more a tale of an experience I had forgotten until NJ mentioned Ford Anglias (model 105E).

I was a student working at Laporte Industries in Stallingborough living in a flat in Grimsby at the time. This lad I think his first name was Mick also a student lived in a nearby flat. Whilst attending a party he happened to mention that the brakes on his car (a Ford) were not very good - he said they needed adjusting properly. He had fitted the new brake shoes after a fashion - could I help him - naturally I offered my services. (at that time I ran an early Mini 850).

Imagine my surprise when firstly the old Ford was much older than I envisaged it was a Ford Prefect (probably a type 100E) After removing the rear drums I was horrified to find out that the rear brakes were Rod Operated not Hydraulic. It took much longer to sort it out but we did end up with a good brake pedal by the end of the next day! lol
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal