SOHC.co.uk Forums > Anorak's Corner

CB750 K1 cam lobe measurements

(1/2) > >>

WestYorkshireBiker:
Hi. Are these the correct lobe measurements for a K1 cam as I've looked in the manual which says
Inlet 35.86mm
Exhaust 35.36mm
Mine are a bit under in most cases so I suspect a new cam is in order but thought I'd check first! Ta.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

K2-K6:
To the second decimal place they are both at minimum dimensions from manual.

They don't actually wear much at all if the oiling has been good as the load bearing surface is pretty big for what it has to do.

Assuming that surface of cam and rocker faces are good,  then they would appear to be ok to continue.

K2-K6:
Oops, just read that's the manual spec you've quoted (I thought it was measured amount  :-[ ) are yours far away from spec?

It's just as important if it has any surface pickup that would be poor for continued running.

Any detailed pictures of lobe peaks?

WestYorkshireBiker:

--- Quote from: K2-K6 on April 05, 2021, 02:01:03 PM ---Oops, just read that's the manual spec you've quoted (I thought it was measured amount  :-[ ) are yours far away from spec?

It's just as important if it has any surface pickup that would be poor for continued running.

--- End quote ---
I'll check again tomorrow and take some pics. Thanks.

WestYorkshireBiker:

--- Quote from: WestYorkshireBiker on April 05, 2021, 02:44:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: K2-K6 on April 05, 2021, 02:01:03 PM ---Oops, just read that's the manual spec you've quoted (I thought it was measured amount  :-[ ) are yours far away from spec?

--- End quote ---
I'll check again tomorrow and take some pics. Thanks.

--- End quote ---
I've recorded a video of the camshaft with measurements at the end (excuse the camera work!!) https://youtu.be/qGQAISnTevo

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version