Author Topic: eBay promotion --New non-PayPal payment  (Read 1043 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
eBay promotion --New non-PayPal payment
« on: April 30, 2021, 09:02:41 PM »
Both myself and my missus just got this offer. Only applies though if you sign up for non-PayPal payment
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 80% off variable eBay selling fees!*
eBay now manages the end-to-end selling experience, including payments. To be eligible for this promotion, simply update your details and enable eBay to manage your payments. Please note that it may take a few minutes after you have updated your details to be able to activate to the promotion.

Please make sure you return to this page to activate your offer.

Update your details
*Maximum final value fee discount per sold listing. Applies to final value fees on up to 100 listings. Item must sell within the first listing period. No insertion fees apply. Private sellers activated to managed payments only. Offer excludes the 30p order fee for private sellers activated to managed payments. Other fees, including any international fees, still apply. T&Cs apply.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: eBay promotion --New non-PayPal payment
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 09:22:21 PM »
I've given up selling stuff on e-bay as it's a long way away  from what it was 10 years ago. As a private seller there seemed to be traps where buyers were wrongly refunded & if you used PayPal more fees. I use e-bay sometimes for purchases but invariably they are trade sellers.

It's also really annoying that PayPal are pushing their credit card when you click for your normal payment method. I wish there was a do not show me this again option box I could tick. I guess its big busness - the day they want my personal bank details to buy will be the end of me buying anything on the platform.

Lots of room on the internet for other & better  selling & buying platforms I believe.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline cooleronthecoast

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 07:53:39 AM »
Ebay are robbing gits if you are selling stuff , but their platform reaches a wide audience of potential buyers.
Now where did I put that 10mm socket?

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 08:14:40 AM »
Ebay are robbing gits if you are selling stuff , but their platform reaches a wide audience of potential buyers.
That’s what us old fashioned types would call “a monopoly”.

In their relentless pursuit of money, they spun off and sold PayPal to their own shareholders (who already owned it) and now find themselves tightly integrated with a competitor.

Soon they will launching their own payment platform. Oh, wait, they are…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline allankelly1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2021, 04:54:01 PM »
Yes I have to agree eBay are starting to get a bit greedy and you need to revise your price to account for the cost of using them but using their GSP to ship my 3d printed parts like my replica d350lc clock cases globally but at local postage rates is useful

Best wishes Al

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2021, 11:26:28 AM »
They are the biggest game in town, their greed is probably what will let the competition in though the back door but, at the moment the ease of use and wide range of goods means they are still good to sell stuff on and reach a sufficiently wide audience to be able to sell the random and obscure stuff I want to buy or sell.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2021, 01:25:42 PM »
My biggest problem with the new system is you cant combine postage or give a partial refund, or if you can its so obscure i cant find it

Offline allankelly1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 02:51:47 PM »
If you click on you item you sold refund is at the bottom as an option

So you can refund the postage on anther items if your buyer has bought a couple of item together

Hope this helps

Best wishes Al

Offline Rob62

• SOHC Pro
  • ZZR1100D9, CB750K4, RD250F, NSR250MC21, RD350YPVS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2021, 05:02:13 PM »
I’ve just sold an item, marked as collection only, to an idiot who has immediately paid through ebay even though he is going to have to collect the items in person, thus costing me £12 in fees for no good reason. What I am wondering now is, if this idiot thinks i am going to post this item to him and then realises that it cant be posted and decides to cancel. If I have to refund him how does it work? Do i have to refund the full amount leaving myself out of pocket, or is the fee cancelled in such circumstances.. Ebay do not allow you to prohibit electronic payment in the first place, only they can manage the payment methods...

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2021, 05:26:25 PM »
Tried that would only allow full refund

Offline allankelly1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2021, 06:18:30 PM »
Tried that would only allow full refund
Not sure why your eBay account does this as on the refund page you just type on the amount on mine

Just make sure the full refund is not checked

Not as easy as PayPal but better than nothing

Best wishes Al

« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 06:25:16 PM by allankelly1 »

Offline Rob62

• SOHC Pro
  • ZZR1100D9, CB750K4, RD250F, NSR250MC21, RD350YPVS
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2021, 06:41:35 PM »
Thanks for that Allan... looks straight forward enough. Hopefully won’t happen now as the buyer has contacted me and arranged collection, and offered to cover the costs... which I have agreed to split with him...
Nice RD on your avatar by the way! Here’s mine 😀

Offline allankelly1

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2021, 07:13:55 PM »
Hi Rob

You are welcome

Also thanks for the on the RD

Here’s a better photo

Yours is looking pretty smart too

It funny both the RD and the CB400F were bucket list bikes for me so have both in the shed

So different in so many ways

Catch up soon and stay safe “smoking”

Best wishes Al

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 09:39:34 PM »
I was doing it first week after ebay changed payments and couldnt find anything like that, perhaps customers complained and for once they listened, who knows but thanks for the info

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 07:43:23 AM »
I did a quick calculation  on the new eBay occasional offer of £1 selling fees deal compared with the new scheme on 80% off new final value fees (no PayPal) occasional deal  and we are better off if my calculations  are correct (disregarding any fees on postage). Did I understand the deal correctly though?

Fees on old  £1 deal plus PayPal fees for £50 sale = £1+£1.75 = £2.75
Fees on 80% reduction of new fees  deal for £50 sale  = £1.28
Fees on 80% reduction of fees  new deal for £100 sale = £2.56

Fees on £1 deal plus PayPal fees for £500 sale = £1 +£17.50 = £18.50
 Fees on 80% reduction of fees  new deal  for £500 sale = £12.80

Needs checking though ! I may be understanding it wrong or there is a clause hidden somewhere in the new T&C's
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal