Author Topic: S90 Spokes  (Read 618 times)

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
S90 Spokes
« on: May 26, 2021, 11:07:31 PM »
I recently stripped an original S90 front wheel to have the spokes re-plated. I also bought a NOS  set genuine spokes for my rear hub from David Silver. My front hub and rear hubs are the same outer diameter and both wheels have 18"x 1.4 rims but the rear spokes are a lot longer than the front ones (the NOS rear ones are around 196 mm long and the ones from the front wheel are only around 176mm). The parts book lists the spokes for both front and rear as being are being 195mm. Very confusing ! Any ideas?
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: S90 Spokes
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2021, 12:54:29 AM »
I am wondering if the lacing pattern is different?
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 01:12:59 AM »
Or somebody in its checkered past has fitted a different wheel

Online AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 07:48:13 AM »
Or somebody in its checkered past has fitted a different wheel

Wheel was from an ultra-low mile US original and definitely untouched.  Pretty convinced Honda changed the lacing pattern during later production  now ... grrr  :(

Update :  just found the -305 parts are for very early bikes and around 175mm long compared with bikes after frame 142498 which are about 195 mm and -301 parts . I just need to establish which NOS rim I have as that changes too.

WARNING to anyone thinking of restoring an S90 .. the parts changing are an absolute nightmare  >:(
« Last Edit: May 27, 2021, 09:23:03 AM by AshimotoK0 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal