Author Topic: 550f2 seat  (Read 358 times)

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
550f2 seat
« on: May 29, 2021, 12:42:23 PM »
My seat base on my 550 f2 is not great, has been repaired in the past and is solid-ish and the foam and cover have seen better days but functional. I saw on facebook a repro seat someone was selling at a decent price so took a risc and bought it. At first i was pleased, it looks decent so tried it on this morning but i doed not fit well at all. I searched for other posts and seems like a common problem, but is it worth modifying to fit? And why do the manufactures make reproductions that are not as near as possible to the original? Ok its a fibreglass base, but also the pattern on the seat is wrong, the fixing bolt mounts are in the wrong place, th rubber spacers don't line up with any part of the frame and the grab strap is also wrong and the chrome ends a different shape. So anyone out there got a restorable seat for f1/ f2 for sale? Bitza will be looking down and laughing but good seats are hard to find.
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

Offline mickwinf

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: 550f2 seat
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 06:40:13 PM »
had a play with it and made it fit, but sits a bit high as per pics. also changed the strap ends for repro items from silvers, look a bit nearer to original
Love the 500 and 550 have a 500 called Lazarus under restoration

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal