Author Topic: CB550 K3 AIRBOX TO CARB RUBBERS  (Read 496 times)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CB550 K3 AIRBOX TO CARB RUBBERS
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2021, 07:53:35 AM »
Andd i was told NRP was a good firm

Offline heli_madken

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2021, 03:04:11 PM »
I gave up looking for a set for my bike, one of the originals had a small split so I used an old inner tube and rubber cement to repair with a complete wrap around the middle round section, unless you look very closely you cant see it.

It would not be great for air flow but if you were desperate do you think you could extend the F model rubbers by cutting in half and as above using a piece of inner tube cut to the correct width.

Offline paul G

• SOHC Master
  • A bit of room left in the garage what now !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2021, 04:02:10 PM »
I gave up looking for a set for my bike, one of the originals had a small split so I used an old inner tube and rubber cement to repair with a complete wrap around the middle round section, unless you look very closely you cant see it.

It would not be great for air flow but if you were desperate do you think you could extend the F model rubbers by cutting in half and as above using a piece of inner tube cut to the correct width.

Thanks for the info but I may have found a second hand set in the UK. If not I have the name of a guy in the states who makes them and is willing to ship me a set.
Honda CB400 4
Honda CB550 K3 (sold)
Honda CB750 UK K1
Kawasaki Z650 C2
Kawasaki Z650 cafe racer (Sold)

Offline heli_madken

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2021, 04:44:41 PM »
Thanks for the info but I may have found a second hand set in the UK. If not I have the name of a guy in the states who makes them and is willing to ship me a set.

Great, if you go for the new set let us know how you get on and post a picture if you can

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal