Author Topic: Simonizvht31D  (Read 553 times)

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Simonizvht31D
« on: July 24, 2021, 05:55:56 PM »
Just love this paint…hope it’s durable. ;D

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Simonizvht31D
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 06:27:40 PM »
It certainly looks good - it's good stuff.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline Sesman

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 06:51:31 PM »
Sure hope so Ted. I’ve watched your bearing conversation with interest as I’m also going to change out my main gearbox bearings, hopefully using a direct supplier rather than the more usual ‘spares’ sources.

Only issue I’m having is sourcing the unicorn ‘special’ bearing on the main shaft, which only seems to be available complete with the shaft itself!

Keep the build progress coming please.

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 10:26:22 PM »
Sure hope so Ted. I’ve watched your bearing conversation with interest as I’m also going to change out my main gearbox bearings, hopefully using a direct supplier rather than the more usual ‘spares’ sources.

Only issue I’m having is sourcing the unicorn ‘special’ bearing on the main shaft, which only seems to be available complete with the shaft itself!

Keep the build progress coming please.

I will post on the project board when my gearbox parts arrive - at the moment just doing some frame fittments to keep me going - they will be posted on the project thread when I have a few decent pics to post on my progress in that area. At present I'm busy topping up the money pit as I find more parts that I need. I'm at the stage now when I've got to keep going in the hope that expenditure will soon start to tail off. (I can dream can't I)

It occurred to me yesterday when I was at a friends house talking about his scooter that I could have bought myself a new Royal Alloy Scooter and be zooming around in this nice weather on one - then I told myself not to be stupid - ITS ALL ABOUT THE BUILD !
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 09:57:06 AM »
I have four bikes engines painted in that and one gets a lot of use. If done right the paint is as tough as old boots. Never had a single problem with it.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal