Author Topic: Every day is a learning day!  (Read 415 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Every day is a learning day!
« on: August 11, 2021, 09:31:27 PM »
Learned today that on Honda CB250/350K cams, the end drive for the tacho is actually a pressed in part and not machined into the cam. I bought ten  ;) NOS 'fat' cams intended for the police model and they don't have the tacho drive. But someone on Facebook told me the pinion is a pressed in part.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Every day is a learning day!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2021, 10:25:26 PM »
Just realised it was Erwin on here .....  but also on F.B. who told me about it  :-[ :-[ ..so thanks on here too Erwin
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 12:03:27 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: Every day is a learning day!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 10:01:28 AM »
Also found this for the CB450 DOHC from 'Ancientdad' on Vintage Honda Twins forum.

"Points drive is pressed into the end of the 450 exhaust cam and the oil flow restrictor is pressed into the right end of the 450 intake cam too."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal