Author Topic: CB750 F2 Super Sport camshaft  (Read 467 times)

Offline Fearno

• View Profile
CB750 F2 Super Sport camshaft
« on: September 05, 2021, 06:12:11 PM »
Hello again
I have removed the engine from my bike and have discovered a blocked oily to the two righthand head. This has caused severe wear to the camshaft and broken the camshaft holder cap after cooking the camshaft holder. The exhaust valve guides are severely worn and the cam chain adjuster is shot.
Does anybody know the best place to get another Camshaft, Camshaft holder (rhs)? I think I can source the other parts quite readily but need to ensure that the correct camshaft is replaced, the current one is marked "R1" the reason for asking is that somebody has worked on the engine in the past as there is evidence of stainless steel bolts used but this has been poorly carried out with loose bolts, blocked oil ways etc.

Thanks for your help

Peter

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CB750 F2 Super Sport camshaft
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 06:50:52 PM »
The markings mean nothing, any camshaft from a 750 will run and both cam towers are the same.
This is a common fault when rebuilt by somebody using silicone gasket as the oil feed jets are tiny.
The F2 is known to ear exhaust guides and also wear the valves where the collets go plus also the top collars.

Parts are out there but neither common nor cheap

Offline Fearno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 08:46:08 AM »
Great news thanks for that at least I can now see light at the end of the tunnel

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 08:54:10 AM »
Forgot to say that whilst any cam will run power output will be slightly lower with an earlier cam but to be honest probably not noticable unless you drive flat out which most people dont do on a 40 yr old bike

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal