Author Topic: Evening all  (Read 1632 times)

Offline andy120t

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Evening all
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2021, 07:46:08 AM »
Welcome aboard - the 400 looks nice!
andy120t

CB550f/k
Zephyr 550
ZX6R G1
GSXR 7/11 - I need to sell it
Triumph 5TA - and this..

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2021, 09:32:52 AM »
Just been catching up on your build thread Ted! Glad to hear you're recovering well. As you can see by the photos I think my bike has been given the cornstar treatment 😀

Regards Paul

Thanks, I'm feeling quite well at the moment.

It's interesting that you have the Comstar wheels - when they first came out I thought they were a brilliant looking wheel - back in the day I would have fitted Comstar ones to make my bike look more modern. Now that I'm older except on a car it would be wire wheels of the period for a period vehicle. If it was my bike here is the oxymoron I would keep the Comstars.

I suspect it's like fashion in clothing - back in the 1960's I loved flairs and left drainpipes behind. My style for jeans for the last 20 years is Bootfit - not as easy to find today- but easier to get your foot into when you are doing the early morning one legged hop.
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline PaulC

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 07:48:31 AM »
I too prefer the spoked rims, but as they cost a fortune I'm going with the cornstars and 250n forks for the moment and just repaint them. My plans aren't down the restoration route anyway, more of a cafe/brat style, I would rather use the budget on other parts and make it something I would like to ride.

Regards Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal