Author Topic: Tail light mount.....  (Read 1111 times)

Offline wildtapholer

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Re: Tail light mount.....
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 11:01:26 PM »
I thought the flat red was a bit bland plus because it was a rattle can finish and I had to be careful I didn't spill any petrol on it as the paint was wrinkling around the neck anyway. The header pipes were a bit too far gone so had to coat them with heat resistant paint. I have bought a few bits from America as they are cheaper even with import duties as one example the rear fender was £64 including the plastic part,  the brake caliper is brand new as well, from America and came with, new bolts, the caliper, pads, bleed screw everything except back plate, that's enough about mine I don't want to Hi-jack this thread.

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2021, 11:09:07 AM »
Parts from the USA sound good do you have too pay duty post purchase when they arrive in the UK?
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Online Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2021, 01:20:01 PM »
Sometimes yes sometimes no depends on cost plus how its described. You need a contact in usa to act as a middle man to make it cheaper. Worst case is

HMRC charge 2-3% import duty on cost
Then they add on postage to cost and tax
Then they add 20% vat to that total
Then to cap it off Post Office charge £8 to collect the money, parcl force charge £13 and ups/dhl/hermes et al charge whatever they feel like at the time

Offline wildtapholer

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2021, 10:00:54 PM »
I've bought a lot of stuff from china and never paid any duty on them, grommets and spacers mainly cheap stuff but can be made to fit, the most duty I had to pay was on the brake caliper which if I remember was £20 but even so it was still a lot cheaper than Silvers and Ebay, it all depends really what it is but import duties are not as dear as people think.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal