General > New Member Introductions

My bike

(1/2) > >>

PMK:
As promised here are some pictures of the bike.

I picked her up on Sunday and got her MOT'd and taxed her today.

She's either a really original bike or a crackingly detailled restoration. A lot of detail stuff is there like the chain for the petrol tank and stuff like that. She has 35,000 on the clock and rides real well.

What do you reckon

All she seems to be missing is the tank decal for each side.

I await comments and the anoraks to take it apart !   ;D

UK Pete:
Hi That is a really good looking bike, well done on your purchase
I dont know who these anoraks are that your refer to are, most people on hear are just like you and me, only some know a little more than others, anyway enjoy your riding spring is almost hear and the salt is getting washed off the roads so we can all start ridding our classics soon.
Pete

Spitfire:
No anoraks around here, looks like a nice bike to me, I polished up the engine cases on mine as well (and the cambox).

Cheers

Den

SteveD CB500K0:
My name's Steve and I'm an alcoh.....    on no, hang on, wrong forum.

I can anorak for England on 500s and 550s; all I would say is that if it's an F1, then it should not have a black engine. If it's an F2, it should have black wheels  (?)

Yoshi823:
Nice bike...

There's a battery retaining strap missing, the front mudguard is aftermarket & there should be two horns (one high tone, the other low) under the headlight, the mounting covered by a small plastic plate with 'Honda' on the front of the plate. Did you get the tool kit that normally sits alongside the battery in the tray? Did you get the owners manual...? If you did, don't follow the instructions for cam chain tensioning as it's very wrong. The correct procedure is in an aftermarket workshop manual.

I'm not a Macintosh, but I had my 750F2 for a long time so knew it inside out...& I have a good memory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version